When you’re leaving your house after another glorious summer on Martha’s Vineyard it’s important to winterize your property to prevent it from deteriorating while you’re away.
Make a checklist. Look carefully around the exterior and interior of your home and decide what needs to be done. Write it all down to create a “plan of action.” Here are a few suggestions for your checklist:
1. Turn off the water at the exterior
2. Open faucets and drain water lines
3. Set the thermostat
4. Unplug appliances
5. Clean out the refrigerator and prop the doors open
6. Guard against insects and rodents
7. Close flues and dampers
8. Store outdoor furniture
9. Lock away vehicles and pleasure crafts
10. make it look like someone is home
1. Call 508-560-2215 and have KB Construction create and manage your winterizing checklist! We’ll also arrange a complete home cleaning for closing, take care of your yard and garden, maintain all vehicles and pleasure crafts, and make regular property visits to ensure the safety of your home.